Goodwin PLC, together with its subsidiaries, provides mechanical and refractory engineering solutions primarily in the United Kingdom, rest of Europe, the United States, the Pacific Basin, and internationally. The company designs, manufactures, and sells dual plate check, axial nozzle check, and axial piston control and isolation valves for oil, petrochemical, gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), mining, nuclear power generation, nuclear waste treatment, and water markets; submersible slurry pumps; and radar antenna systems for defense contractors, civil aviation authorities, and border security agencies. It also provides alloy casting, machining, and general engineering products for use in power generation plants, oil refineries, chemical plants, nuclear waste treatment plants, high integrity offshore structural components, and bridges; and undertakes CNC machining and fabrication works. In addition, the company designs, manufactures, and sells investment casting powders and waxes for jewelry casting industry; investment casting powders to the tire mold and aerospace industries; and exfoliated vermiculite that is used in insulation, brake linings, and fire protection products. Further, it is involved in mineral processing activities; and selling consumable refractories to the shell molding casting industry. The company was formerly known as R. Goodwin & Sons (Engineers) Ltd. and changed its name to Goodwin PLC in February 1982. Goodwin PLC was founded in 1883 and is headquartered in Stoke-on-Trent, the United Kingdom.